Sunday, November 17, 2013

End of Term

  1. Given your knowledge and experience at the end of these courses, which course objectives did you master? 
    • I feel that I have mastered understanding the importance of risk management.  The fact that it is not something to leave until the end and that a large amount of time and resources are necessary to do the job effectively was key for me.  
  2. Given your knowledge and experience at the end of these courses, which course objectives still look troublesome to you?
    • I feel like I risk analysis is a subject that I could use a bit more work in.  What I have learned has been purely academic, which is a great foundation, but I have not had the opportunity to use these techniques in a real world scenario.  
  3. What obstacles did you run into during the course? How did you try to overcome them?
    • The obstacles that I encountered were purely personal in nature.  I didn't attack the discussion board assignments early enough in the week as as such was left with the tail end of the weekend to complete course work.  This schedule conflicted with the schedule outlined by the professor. I recognized the scheduling issues and made attempts to correct the issues, but work and family took its toll.  It's not an excuse by any means, but it's what I battled week to week.
  4. How do you feel here at the end of a term as you look at your efforts and accomplishments? 
    • I am a bit disappointed in myself as I know that I understood the material and was able to produce quality work when I gave it my attention.  I know that I could have contributed better quality work and responses to the class discussions.
  5. What did you learn this semester and how will you use that in your current or future work?
    • I have learned that while risk management is talked about it still remains a big reason why projects fail.  The lack of proper risk management can bring a project to its knees.  Early identification of risks and a well documented plan of addressing these issues will help to keep things going in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment